Savour Delicious Meals
Served in our beautifully renovated Dining Room, our Dining Service Includes:
- Three nutritious well-balanced meals prepared daily, with special diets accommodated whenever possible
- Choices of entrees at Lunch & Dinner
- Snacks & refreshments available 24 hours in Friendship Room
- Social dining experience and invite a Guest to join you if you choose. Guest dining is available at all meals
- Tray service when required during illness
Spotlight on Chef, Angie Drummond
Born and raised in Peterborough, Angie’s first culinary job was whilst she was in high school. Working at Wendy’s, back in the day when they prepared and cooked all the food onsite. Angie commenced working at Applewood Retirement Residence in 1991 in the dining room as a Dietary Aide, then into the kitchen as a Line Cook. In 2006 she took on her current role as Food Service Manager in 2006.
Her passion for food comes directly from her mother, who is an excellent baker and ran her own successful restaurant in the South End of Peterborough for many years. Angie gets her greatest satisfaction from seeing the smiling faces in the dining room and receiving compliments from both residents and their family members.
Questions about food or dietary requirements?
We are happy to answer any food or diet-related questions you might have. Just drop us a message or give us a call!